The Powermatic 54A Deluxe 6-inch Jointer is a workhorse of a jointer that has many simple features that make it easy to use and extremely durable.
It features a five-and-a-half foot table, a single horsepower motor, a dust chute that shuttles debris to the ground instead of your face, and many easily adjustable moving parts that are also well-built and made to last. It even comes with some extras, like a hardware bag, two hold-downs, and all of the tools needed to assemble it. All of this is backed by a five-year warranty. A company that provides a warranty that is that long is confident that their product will last for yours to come.
- Five-and-a-half foot table that accommodates large projects
- 1-horsepower motor that works as hard as you do
- A dust chute that shuttles debris to the floor, keeping your lungs and workstation cleaner
- A fence that is easy to adjust, yet rugged and durable
- Knife head is easy to change, easy to adjust, less time adjusting, more time working
What Customers Are Saying
“The machine works like a dream” – James W.
“I would recommend this jointer to anyone” – P. Smith
The Powermatic 54A is a true workhorse, and the online reviews and ratings show it. This tool has received more 5-star ratings (on a five-star scale) than all other ratings combined! The people that purchased this great tool had so many good things to say about it, but the most common compliment they bestowed upon the Powermatic 54A was that it was one of the sturdiest and most durable jointers they had ever used. The heavy weight, cast-iron components, and superbly machined surfaces make this a tool that will last longer than you will.
Another aspect that many people were extremely pleased with was how well-written the instructions were. The high-quality manual made putting the tool together a breeze; leaving more time for them to do what they love, work on their projects.
The most common complaint that reviewers of this tool had was that its table, while adequately long, wasn’t as wide as they would have liked. Many did feel that the narrower table was a bit of a trade-off considering how long it is, as well as how strong and sturdy the jointer is. The second most commonly made complaint is that this tool is made overseas, instead of in the USA.
- Great manual with easy assembly
- Excellent table length
- Knife blades are easy to change
- Near-perfect settings from factory
- Great fit and finish, doesn’t look or feel cheap
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Dust chute spits debris to the floor instead of up in your face
- Narrow table
- Made in China
- Once fence loses alignment, hard to get both sides square
The Powermatic 54A is a premier jointer that is loaded with simple features that make it a true workhorse. Its long- five-and-a-half foot table, simple-to-read instructions, superb craftsmanship, and overall simplicity make this the jointer of choice for many woodworking enthusiasts. With all of these features and a modest price, this is an investment you can afford to make.